Generally, the probability of qualifying for life insurance is more when you are young and healthy. So, you may be wondering if you can buy life insurance for heart issues. Fortunately, you can get life insurance despite having heart problems. Nonetheless, the process won’t be easy as it would be for those who apply for life insurance with perfect health.
Do Insurers Provide Life Insurance for People with Heart Problems?
Most life insurance providers deny applications from people with heart disease or heart failure, deemed a chronic yet severe medical condition. However, some insurers may ask you to wait one year after you are diagnosed and treated, as it will give them a better idea of your current health and how it will progress.
What Can You Expect While Underwriting?
- What caused you to go for the diagnosis of your current condition?
- When were you diagnosed with the condition?
- What medicines are you taking, and what is their dosage?
- Does heart disease run in your family?
- Did any of your family people pass away from heart issues?
You must provide all the necessary details; otherwise, you may be denied coverage or approved for higher premiums.
What Underwriting Categories Can You Qualify for?
- Standard – You may be placed in this category if you are diagnosed with heart disease at 60 years or above and did not buy life insurance coverage for one year after your diagnosis or treatment.
- Sub-Standard or Table Rated – You will be placed in a table or sub-standard class with a higher premium than the standard category rate for the same coverage. Your premiums will be calculated depending on the severity of your condition, at what age you were diagnosed, and your overall health.
How to Increase Your Chances of Being Qualified for Life Insurance?
Working with an independent insurance agency is a way to increase your chances of getting life insurance. This is because an independent agent knows what is necessary to get qualified for life insurance with heart issues and which providers will likely approve your application and match you with the right provider.
What to Do If Your Application Is Denied?
Even if some insurers deny your application, your independent insurance agency will help find you a policy that addresses your needs, as they work with several top-rated companies. Otherwise, they can get you a guaranteed issue policy that is more expensive than standard policies, but it is better than having no coverage.
What Is Guaranteed Life Insurance?
It is a whole life insurance policy that does not require a medical exam or ask questions about your health but comes with lower death benefits ($25,000) and higher premiums. If the policyholder passes away due to natural causes, the insurers may ask the beneficiaries to wait for 2-3 years before paying out the full death benefit. However, if the policyholder passes away due to an accident, the insurer will pay the death benefit from day one.
Stay Resilient Against Uncertainties with Locke Insurance Group!
At Locke Insurance Group, we offer various life insurance coverages to help you choose the best plan to protect your family and dependents in your absence. Contact us today to customize your life insurance coverage.